- Map showing roads routinely salted in Witney http://voyager.oxfordshire.gov.uk/grittingroutes/grittingroutesmap.aspx
- Map showing salt & grit bins in Witney http://voyager.oxfordshire.gov.uk/saltbin/saltbinmap.aspx
- Advice on clearing snow and ice from pavements yourself http://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/content/winter-weather
Hi All, we look forward to seeing you at the next community meeting. Please invite neighbours and friends who may not have internet access. Everyone welcome. Coffee and biscuits provided!
DATE : Tuesday, 4th February
PLACE : The Cogges Church Centre, Church Lane.
TIME : 7.30pm
1. Minutes of the Public meeting held on Tuesday, 19 November 2013, 7.30pm at Newland Chapel (previously circulated)
3. Bad weather plan, gritting. OCC Winter Services can meet with us to give a demonstration on how to grit.
4. WODC litter policy. You can access the ‘Litter Information Pack’ here http://www.westoxon.gov.uk/media/174135/Litter-information-pack.pdf There is useful information about organising a litter pick. Residents can contact WODC about fly-tipping, litter (overflowing), dog fouling & street lights at this site http://www.westoxon.gov.uk/residents/environment/fly-tipping,-litter-dog-fouling/ or by calling Telephone: 01993 861000.
If you live in Cogges or Newland (including Oxford Hill and all the roads off Newland down to the roundabouts) then you are part of the Cogges & Newland Community. Our aim is to be an active neighbourhood:
- putting people in touch with one another,
- campaigning for improvements in our area,
- organising events like litter picks, community gardening, socials and so on,
- planning for winter so everyone can get out and about in case of snow,
- organising emergency plans in case of flood,
- liaising with police and councils,
- involving all residents including younger people and older people in particular,
- lobbying and representing local views,
- working with Blakes School, Cogges Farm, St Mary’s Cogges and the like.
After two open meetings organised and publicised by Cllr Enright, we have elected a committee who will be coordinating events. We plan a more formal launch and new elections for a committee in early 2014. We will have a website and email, starting with this one, and we will use tools like http://www.streetbank.com to share in our community.
This all sounds a bit formal, so we always remind ourselves that it isn’t about meetings: we will do at least twice as many activities as we do meetings. And the bottom line is that we get to know, value and look after each other, and make Cogges and Newland a better place to live and thrive.
Get in touch! And get involved. See you soon!